Thursday, December 08, 2005

Procrastination

I haven't been great about writing. I haven't given anybody this wesbite yet though, so I guess I'm not disappointing anybody. I need to do better about it though. It feels good to just write.

Today was the last day of classes for me before finals next week. Oh, man, am I stressed. Over the years I've hated how big of a procrastinator I am. I try to justify it all the time, but I know that I waste too much time doing unproductive things. I've often wondered how good my grades would be if I really applied myself. I honestly think my potential would be limitless. I think that changing that one attribute about myself would make a huge difference in who I am and what doors are open to me in the future.

A big reason for my procrastination is my lack of planning and follow-through with my planning. At the beginning of every semester, I take out my syllabi (great word) and write down every test and assignment. Then I put my planner in my backpack, and take it out once or twice in the next four months. If I were to sit down each night and plan the following day minute by minute (being flexible of course, for the wife's sake), and then actually follow through with my plan, I could get so much more done.

Anyway, the irony of this post is that I decided to write because I should be studying for a test right now that I have to take in about two hours. So I should end now and get going.

No comments: